Nepal is not only the home for mountains but also for the diverse ecosystem on varied landscape, climate and vegetation. The history of hunting in Nepal was from medieval age where Kings and VIP’s have enjoyed trophy hunting of Blue Deer. King George from United Great Britain enjoyed hunting Royal Bengal Tiger and One horned Rhinoceros at Chitwan. Dhorpatan Hunting reserve is the only area in Nepal where licensed hunting is allowed. The region spreads over an area of 1325 sq.km with an altitude ranging from 3000m to 7000m in Myagdi and Baglung district where we hunt through the woods of fir, pine, birch, rhododendron, hemlock, oak, juniper and spruce.
Blue Deer Hunting in Nepal is 16 days hunting package conducted in Beni, Baglung district mid-west Nepal. It is a short but memorable hunting safari, of the prime inhabitant of Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve, blue sheep, a highly prized trophy animal and a main target of hunters. The hunting reserves is also home for species like Ghoral, Serow, Himalayan Tahr, Black Bear Pheasant and Partridge. Each year, there are limited amount of hunting operations and only certain species of animals are permitted to hunt. One need to obtain hunting permit from the Department of National Parks as well as Wildlife Conservation under the government of Nepal. Hunters can set a camp within the hunting areas up to two week with the permission from the department.
Blue Deer Hunting in Tour Highlights :
- Hunting safari around high green hills and mountains of South Asia, North Mid West Himalaya.
- Astounding views of of Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna as well as Fishtail and Manaslu Himal.
- An adventurous hunt in search of wild Himalayan Blue Sheep around rugged mountains.
- Exploring remote farm villages within complete wilderness in the shade of high peaks.
- Following an old trails of Beni to Dolpo on isolated country of Dhorpatan Hunting Reserves.
- An exciting adventure following footsteps of beautiful Himalayan Blue Sheep areas.
- Hunting within high snowcapped peaks of Dhaulagiri massive mountain range.
- Trek through lush rhododendron forests, fir and pine as well as birch, and mountain villages.
Note: There are six separate hunting blocks and this block must be booked in advance in order to avoid different party at same time. After getting the Confirmation from Clients, then block can be reserved. At least we have to plan a week hunting period for one person, but more than one person need longer time. At once we can maximum operate 4 peoples.
Hunting Blocks for Blue Sheep Hunting:
Seng Bloch( For Naur & Jharal)
Sundaha Block(For Naur & Jharal)
Dogadhi Block (For Naur & Jharal)
Barse Block (For Naur & Jharal)
Fagune Block (For Naur & Jharal)
Gutsang Block (For Naur & Jharal)
Surtibang Block ( Jharal ) only