Langtang Gosainkunda Trek via Lauribina Pass (4,610m) is a wonderful journey in northern belt of Himalaya. With gorgeous valleys of Langtang region along with, the scenic lakes situated at higher altitudes. This trip is ideal combination of the remote and picturesque valley of Langtang. Which has, religious and cultural significance. Gosainkunda is a holy lake. It is alos a pilgrimage site for both Buddhists and Hindus. Here, at every year during Janai Purnima in August, hundreds of thousands pilgrims visit the same lake for a holy bath.
Our trip begins with sighseeing around World Heritage Sites at Kathmandu. The next day we drive along the bank of Trishuli river to reach Syabrubesi leaving behind Dhunche. We pass through green forest of rhododendron, oak trees and bamboos. Further, escorted by beautiful langtang range and get opportunity to be familier with culture, tradition and religion. Which, takes back hundreds of years and the craftsmanship. Including, the dress and stone-mud houses are testimony of this ancient background of Tamang Community. ” Kyangjin Ri” is view point of which greets with spectacular views of Langtang Lirung as well as Dorje Lakhpa, so as the Ganesh Himal, Mt. Shishapangma and other peaks bordering with Tibet.
The Langtang region in Nepal is regarded as one of the best trekking destinations. Further, there are quite a few alternatives to traveler find themselves interested at other than Langtang Gosainkunda Trek . Langtang Valley Trek 11 Days and Tamang Heritage Trek of 10 Days are some alternatives to explore Langtang Region and conquer the Himalayas.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Highlights :
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi via mountain terrain.
- Explore Kyanjin Gompa, an old Buddhist shrine.
- Panoramic view of Mt. Langtang-ri, Langsisa and Langtang Himal. Ganjala peak as well as Mt. Shishapangma as well as other peaks bordering with Tibet.
- Hike through lush forests as well as beautiful villages. Wonderful wildlife as well as great views of the majestic Himalayas.
- Visit holy lake Gosaikunda (4460m)