Annapurna Base Camp Trek with Poon Hill is a world well known trek. It located in the lap of the Annapurna Himalayas surrounded by Annapurna range. i.e Dhaulagiri range as well as Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) dominatating the skyline above Pokhara. Annapurna Base Camp Trekking can be done through the year. However, the best time for ABC trek is autumn (September- November) through Spring (March- May). The trek to Annapurna Base camp routes through scenic villages. Through dense forest of oak, bamboo and pine as well as rhododendron and guarentees of Poon Hill. Wonderful views of the giant snow-peaks- Annapurna I (8019m) and Annapurna III (7555m). As well as, Gangapurna (7454m) and Machhapuchchhre (6999m). This trek enables us to tie-up with locals love as well as experience their cultural hospitality.
Our trip begin with a scenic drive to Pokhara. Then we hike along Tikhe Dhunga and Ghorepani to arrive at popular sunrise and sunset view point. This point is called “Poon hill” which offers stunning views of Himalayas. We weave our routes on step trails passing through waterfalls. Suspension bridges and couple of ascends and descends to reach Chhomrong followed by the beautiful and tranquil landscapes, charming Gurung as well as Magar villages, green vegetation to our ultimate destination, Annapurna Base Camp at the height of 4130m (13546ft.)
Annapurna Region Offers various trek duration from 3 days and above. Annapurna Short Trek of 4 days. Ghorepani Poonhill Trek of 5 Days. Annapurna Base Camp trek via Ghandruk of 8 Days. And ultimately Annapurna Sanctuary Trek of 12 Days. Annapurna Circuit also adds more charm to the trip which either can be done by biking and trekking.
Highlights of Extended Annapurna Base Camp Trek :
- Moderate trek in Annapurna Region.
- Sensational views of Himchuli, Annapurna South. And Annapurna III as well as Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna.
- Trek through lush rhododendron forests, mountain villages.
- Encounter monasteries, temples and stunning landscapes.
- Unobstructed sunrise and sunset view over the Himalayas from Poon Hill.
- Enjoy the evening at hot spring delight with views of waterfalls, landscapes and surrounding.
- Familiar with locals intimately and experience their cultural hospitality of Gurung as well as the Magar Community.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.