This is an outstanding trek and an ideal introduction to the visually stunning and culturally rich region of Ladakh, high in the Indian Himalaya. We explore this rugged land characterised by exquisite Buddhist monasteries and ancient forts where the snow leopard seeks out the highest ridges at the margins of the season. We have scheduled our trek to coincide with the famous Hemis Festival complete with masked dances and much celebration. Finally we journey to the vast lakes of Rupshu and camp in spectacular terrain on the borderlands of Tibet.
Trip Highlights :
- Witness the celebrated Hemis festival
- Trek along the well-defined trails in the Markha Valley
- Explore the wild and remote Tibetan borderlands
- Wander the shores of the serene waters of Tso Morari
- Visit the ancient monasteries and forts in the upper Indus Valley
- Experience traditional hospitality in our hotel in Leh