Experience the best of Kerala on this custom 12-day tour of India, as you visit temples that have been carved into island caves and traverse lush jungles where exotic tigers roam. Relax on the beaches along the turquoise water of the Arabian Sea then cruise through charming canals that lead to untouched villages. A rolling greenery of tea plantations surrounds you as you explore Cochin’s rich history, filled with grand palaces and jewels. Travel through the endless wonders of the south where there is always more majesty to discover on this personalized tour.
Trip Highlights :
- Discover the magnificent Elephanta Island, where temples have been carved into caves with remarkable artistry and detail
- Experience the historic culture of Cochin, home to centuries of trade with the Western and Eastern worlds
- Enjoy the fresh tea and brilliant landscape of the tea plantations in Munnar
- Traverse the wild nature of the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, home to elephant herds and tigers
- Witness the fabulous backwater canals outside of Alleppey, known as the Venice of the East
- Indulge in the wonderful culture of India, set apart from the world in its amalgamation of history, and enjoy a performance of the Kathakali dance show